As an official BCCA communications partner, BCCWITT has all the information you need to know about the new apprentice funding.
Here are some key points:
- Employers will be able to access the funding starting Tuesday, September 27.
- Maximum payment available to each employer: $40,000
- No restrictions or requirements as to how the employer should spend the money.
- Any employer with fewer than 500 employees is eligible.
- Employers will receive $5,000 for registering a first-year apprentice in these 39 Red Seal trades.
- An additional $5,000 will be paid if the apprentice self-identifies as an equity priority group (Includes women, new Canadian, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, a person with a disability, or a visible minority. Note: BCCA Apprenticeship Services will manage the self-declaration process on behalf of employers, directly with new/existing hires).
- Maximum of 4 registrants per employer, 2 before April 1st, and 2 after.
- Employers can promote an existing employee to first-year apprenticeship, or hire a new one.
Several intermediary organizations have received funding from the Government of Canada Apprenticeship Services, but employers may only work with one organization and must sign an agreement accordingly.
To apply, click here.