Be More Than A Bystander is a training and educational program to support organizational and cultural shifts towards more inclusive, safer and respectful workplaces. This 90-minute workshop equips participants with practical tools and strategies to prevent, and intervene in gender-based and other forms of bullying, harassment and violence in workplaces in the skilled trades industry.
The learning outcomes of this workshop are:
- Understand the bystander intervention model;
- Understand contexts of bullying, harassment and violence;
- Learn different intervention tools; and
- Build skills through engaging in workplace scenarios.
This workshop is geared towards:
- All gender participants;
- Apprentices, journeyperson, employer sponsors or other workers in the skilled trades industry;
- Those employed in or owners of a small company (between 2-50 employees); and
- Those who live or work in British Columbia.