BC Centre for Women in the Trades (BCCWITT) and the Industry Training Authority BC (ITA) are co-hosting a virtual Be More Than A Bystander virtual workshop on Wednesday, November 16, 2022 from 7:00-8:30pm PST.
Be More Than A Bystander is a training and educational program to support organizational and cultural shifts towards more inclusive, safer and respectful workplaces. This 90-minute workshop equips participants with practical tools and strategies to prevent, and intervene in gender-based and other forms of bullying, harassment and violence in workplaces in the skilled trades industry.
The learning outcomes of this workshop are:
- Understand contexts of bullying, harassment and violence;
- Learn different intervention tools; and
- Build skills through engaging in workplace scenarios.
This workshop is geared towards those who:
- Identify as man;
- Are an apprentice, journeyperson, employer sponsor or other workers in the skilled trades industry;
- Are employed in or the owner of a small company (between 2-50 employees); and
- Live or work in British Columbia.