BC Centre for Women in the Trades (BCCWITT) is partnering with the Electrical Joint Training Committee (EJTC) to run another fully funded, in person Security Systems Technician (SST) program! SST’s are in high demand in BC, and this 24 week program starts February 27th, 2023. Topics covered during training include electrical foundation, the Canadian Electrical Code, basic installation techniques and theories, installation and troubleshooting of intrusion alarms, surveillance cameras, card access and system integration.
Eligibility requirements include:
– Women interested in skilled trades career,
– Unemployed with established EI claim OR BCEA persons with Disabilities clients with action plan (see poster),
– Resident of BC,
– Live in Lower Mainland and can attend training in Port Coquitlam daily,
– Can pass a criminal record check, and
– ITA eligible with grade 10 science, math, and english.
Interested in starting a career as a Security System Technician? Apply today!
Need more information before you apply? Contact Tammy-Lee@bccwitt.ca or call/text 604-341-8777