Want to be a part of an exciting new initiative in Canada?
Canada’s Building Trades Unions is looking for a full time Diversity Liaison to support the execution of the deliverables and objectives for a federally funded project under Employment and Social Development Canada; the project primary objectives are to support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to hire 4000 first year Red Seal apprentices with a focus on underrepresented groups; and to provide the necessary training and employment supports to ensure successful apprenticeship completion rates in the skilled construction trades.
The Diversity Liaison will work closely with various community organizations and programs that work to recruit and retain underrepresented groups to the construction industry by leveraging and supporting existing programs to help employer partners meet diversity targets, support apprentices to ensure completion rates, and take a regionalized approach to work closely with stakeholders locally.
QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education in a related discipline is highly desirable (project coordination, administration, social sciences, non profit, business).
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role – project coordination, communication, working with equity deserving groups, non profit, advocacy
• Knowledge of or experience in the construction industry including the construction building trades and apprenticeship system in Canada is an asset.
• Knowledge of the extensive barriers of equity deserving groups in Canada and solutions to these barriers.
• Extensive experience in partnering and developing relationships with people/stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Strong project coordination skills
• Strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Familiarity with project management software (MS Project or equivalent).
• Excellent interpersonal communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow, set priorities and multi-task.
• Experience in coordinating events – coordinating stakeholder information sessions, networking events, round table discussions, conferences, advisory group meetings and conferences.
• Ability to work diplomatically and independently in a challenging team environment.
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality.
• Ability to exercise judgement, show initiative and be proactive as part of a team.
• Bilingualism in French and English is strongly desired
See the full job posting here.
Apply to: Kelly Ackerl
Human Resources Manager, In The Trades
Canada’s Building Trades Unions (CBTU)